Juniper Discoloration - Causes or larger issues?

girv

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hey everyone - Still very new to bonsai and have had this juniper for about a year. I have messed with it way more than I should have but its a learning experience! The much smaller pot I received the tree in cracked over the winter, so moved it to this much larger one in a mix of potting soil and dirt in the spring. I realized it was not draining properly at all, so about a month ago repotted with napa dry (second repot this summer:rolleyes: ) I kept the tree in a more shaded spot for 1-2 weeks and then back into a more sunny spot. Again, was rushing the process as I have done more research.

This one area of foliage has started to discolor as you can see in the pictures, and not sure why. At this point I am going to leave the tree alone for quite a while and see how it does. I had this branch wired but removed it around when I repotted. Any feedback or help would be great, but as of now my plan is to stop messing with it. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9016.jpg
    IMG_9016.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9017.jpg
    IMG_9017.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 56

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Probably girdled the cambium during movement. Learning curve.

girv

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Probably girdled the cambium during movement. Learning curve.

Thank you for the feedback. Would it be better to remove that branch now or just leave it alone?

Top Bottom