Juniper Kishu Shohin

Pactu

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello everybody

I bought this Kishu variety Juniper, I've already got some ideas about the image, but I'm a neophyte and I wouldn't want to make exaggerated mistakes.
Do you have any advice? maybe you see things I don't see.
Which style would you go to?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_5063.jpgIMG_5064.jpgIMG_5065.jpgIMG_5066.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
maybe you see things I don't see.

Nope! The pictures don't show that much!

No worries.
Welcome to Crazy!

Really, all we can say is, "move this green tuft here".
But what really matters is the branches used to get t there, and the direction in which they go. Their size, distance from trunk to first fork, position, position relative to the "front", position relative to each other, etc...
All this matters.

Matters a lot cuz this looks like a dope start.

Sorce

Pactu

Seedling
Reaction score
I don't want to do irreversible damage. I thought of a semi cascade to the right. the first photo could be the front. but bunjin wouldn't be bad either.
i'm going crazy ahaha

I could put more photos, some good soul could help me

Pactu

Seedling
Reaction score
what about this option?

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-04-06 alle 14.56.59.png
    Schermata 2020-04-06 alle 14.56.59.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 77

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Where are you located Pactu? It's spring over here, not the best time to be wiring junipers.

Anyhow, whenever I'm stuck on a tree, especially junipers, I just start wiring. It'll form itself over the course of that wiring session pretty much. After that, it's just a matter of removing stuff that shouldn't be there.

Pactu

Seedling
Reaction score
I live in Italy and here it is spring too. so better to wait and work on it in autumn?

Pactu

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello to all
update, after taking courage this is the result. How about? (I still have to improve on wiring) don't kill me!

Thank you

IMG_5264.jpgIMG_5263.jpg

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
It seems I forgot to respond, sorry for that. Fall, early winter and late winter are the best wiring moments for most junipers.
As for the design, I think this could work! But in general people advise against having branches on the inside of curves. In your case, that's the only branch left ;-)
No branches on the inside of curves is a guideline of course, it's your tree and if you're happy with it, then it's alright.

Top Bottom