Juniper not happy!!

Nor Cal AC

Mame
Reaction score
I inherited this juniper 2 years ago. It has had little to no growth while I have had it. I checked it to see if it needed to repot and The Roots have plenty of room in the pot. Is there any fertilizer you might recommend to stimulate new growth? As you can see it appears some of the foliage is turning grayish Brown.

Nor Cal AC

Mame
Reaction score
Not a good sign.
How are you trying to attach the pictures?
Where is the juniper kept?
When do you water it?
I have tried to add pic with the attach files. The juniper is on my back deck. Full to partial sun. I water it every morning, on drip for 7 min at 2 gal per hour.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If the file is too large try resizing or setting camera to a lesser size and quality.
Try not to water until it needs watering. Sounds like you recently lifted it from the pot
to have a peak at the roots. Did you notice any black spongy areas or see any gnats about the soil?

So you got this 2 yrs ago, and the soil is free draining. Could be it had been recently repotted when you got it
and was not in favorable health prior to repotting, taking a set back.

Have you done the paper test for mites?

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have tried to add pic with the attach files. The juniper is on my back deck. Full to partial sun. I water it every morning, on drip for 7 min at 2 gal per hour.
The amount of water is dependant on the soil mix and degree of free draining!
Watering every day is not always needed. tree should be watered thoroughly and then not watered until it is drying out! Automated systems and junipers are not a good fit in particular. Your juniper looks like it could use cleaning out the weak and dead foliage at this particular time. Just a suggestion.

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
Looks like spider mites. Get some spray specific for mites.

Top Bottom