Juniper procumbens 'nana'

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Styled this tree a couple of weeks ago and just got around to getting it "internetized". The second pic is a shot of what had been cut off to that point since a beginning shot was forgotten. Potted shots to follow shortly.

Attachments

• DSCN0198.jpg
    DSCN0198.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCN0199.jpg
    DSCN0199.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0200.jpg
    DSCN0200.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN0203.jpg
    DSCN0203.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCN0204.jpg
    DSCN0204.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 193

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
And the two "finals"

Attachments

• DSCN0206.jpg
    DSCN0206.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN0207.jpg
    DSCN0207.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 269

Widgeon

Seedling
Reaction score
Nice job Steve. Is that from Randy?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I really like the lines! Personally, I would have trimmed it back a little more - the branches still look a little too long to me. You may just be leaving them long to wire them into shape before trimming.

I like the work table :) We should have a thread where people post their work areas when doing messy work.

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
is that jason's garage where you wired it ?

Yep. The guy practically begs to work on trees together. ;) I've said it before (usually where he can't hear me) Jason is a great guy to work trees with. He's got a good eye and a few tricks up his sleeve.

Is that from Randy?

Yeah, it's out of that bunch we were looking at the other day. Great material. Everybody should get one (while they still can) (not a sales pitch there :rolleyes: ).

I really like the lines! Personally, I would have trimmed it back a little more - the branches still look a little too long to me. You may just be leaving them long to wire them into shape before trimming.

They'll be shortened as they fill in. The stub left for a possible jin will be removed as it would be an eyesore.

Glad you guys like it. It was good material and alot of fun to work with.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
This is probably one of Steves better trees and one that was by far the biggest transformation for him. It came out pretty good. Once it gets through a growing season he will do a ton of small detail wiriing and that will really set this tree off and give it a much more dynamic and finished looking tree. This wasn't really the bestof trees to get your feet wet using copper either but he didn't do too bad of a job:eek:

Next year at this time the tree will be 10x better and in a pot. It will be fun to watch it progress...

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is a really great tree! Thanks for sharing.

Ryan

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks. It got it's first pot yesterday. Will get some pics on when I get time.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello TheSteve...I love the work you did to this tree. I am also glad to see a procumbens nana being used for bonsai...As I said in another thread, I think they tend to get overlooked due to the mallsai stigma/poor reputation hanging over the species.......Really nice tree.

I do have one question...Can I have this tree.....lol......... I'm just kidding. When I see something I really like, I usually just ask for it.....Sometimes, I actually get it....lol....

Rob

Top Bottom