Juniper Prostata

jjbacoomba

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This is my Juniper that I did at a workshop on Sunday. The pics were taken today. One is after my first wiring. Still have somemore wiring to do.I havent done the top or the 2nd lower left yet. Feels good so far, but I see something different everytime I look at it.Still needs alot of work. Its been a blast to work on.

Attachments

• juniproswire3Adec109.jpg
    juniproswire3Adec109.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 86
  • juniprosfront2Adec109.jpg
    juniprosfront2Adec109.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

jjbacoomba

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The first pic(4A) is my juniper in its current state. The 2nd pic(virt4C) is what I am planning to do to it next.I am thinking of bending the very top branch down and a little to the left. Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions. Joe

Attachments

• junitopfront4Adec20,09.jpg
    junitopfront4Adec20,09.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 39
  • junitopfrontVIRT4cdec20,09.jpg
    junitopfrontVIRT4cdec20,09.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 49

jamie11

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
joe,

can you get some shots of the tree all the way around, i can see something in it but it might be a bit drastic for what you are after though :)

jamie :)

jjbacoomba

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks for the reply Jamie. I will try to get some pics soon.Would love to see what you are thinking. Thanks, Joe

jjbacoomba

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
pics

front , and back,left and right

Attachments

• 2junifrontdaydec2409.jpg
    2junifrontdaydec2409.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 1junibackdaydec2409.jpg
    1junibackdaydec2409.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 3junileftday2dec2409.jpg
    3junileftday2dec2409.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 23
  • 4junileftdaydec2409.jpg
    4junileftdaydec2409.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 20

jamie11

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
virtual

hey pal, here is an idea for ya that will bring the tree down to a height that would work for the amount of foliage, by all means it isnt the best virtual but it gives you an idea and i have used everything that you have in the picture on the tree. this virt is from pic 3 the left hand side. involve jin and shari to give the tree a sense of age and it will have minimal foliage, basically a canopy apex and a back branch that goes either side of the trunk, one wayt more so then the other would probly work better, you could obviously airlayer parts of the tree of if you dont want to just chop it down and throw away the chopped section. maybe run the shari from the jin at the start of the trunk instead of starting down at soil level. i think doing it from the jin would be better than that of from soil level.

but this is probably what i would be looking at doing with something like this mate :)
just an idea like i said.

hope this gives ya some idea :)

cheers.

Attachments

• bnutjunivirt.jpg
    bnutjunivirt.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 50

jjbacoomba

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
juniper

Wow Jamie!! What a transformation. I like it. I will probably have to have someone from the club with more experience than I lend a hand. I have recieved a few ideas from the various forums that are cool too. I will let everyone know what I will do next. If I decide to actually proceed with one of those ideas ,wen is the best time to start? Thanks, Joe

jamie11

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
no worries joe :) i am not sure what climate your in so i cant help ya with the best time of year to do this, it is hard for me to give advice on that. maybe someone from your local area could help you out with something like that???

cheers

jjbacoomba

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
juniper

Thanks Jamie. I am in San Antonio,Texas, zone 8b. Its winter here and the lows have been in the mid to lower 30's. From what I have read, looks like the best time to start would be late winter or early spring. I have recieved alot of suggestions for this tree from this and other forums. I am new to Bonsai. going on 6 months.I think I just might use this as a practice tree for wiring,developing pads,jin and shari, and branch bending,etc. It has been a great start in my Bonsai journey so far with help from you and this and other forums, as well as the members of our Bonsai Society. Thanks for the help. Joe

Top Bottom