Chumono
Reaction score
sharing a juniper in training

best wishes, sam

DSC03834.jpgDSC03838.jpgDSC03858.jpg

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wow... I think the only thing I have to say is that this is probably one of the nicest junipers I have seen posted on this site...and I have been here for a while:D.. absolutely beautiful.

Rob

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Wow... I think the only thing I have to say is that this is probably one of the nicest junipers I have seen posted on this site...and I have been here for a while:D.. absolutely beautiful.

Rob

Agreed, gorgeous tree.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Most of us would consider this as a bit more than "in training" ! :D
Beauty....

Umeboshi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wow what a gorgeous tree!!! I think that this level of quality is something we all should aspire to. Truly inspirational.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Rob

Most of us would consider this as a bit more than "in training" ! :D
Beauty....

I agree to what they said.

That is AWESOME!!! :cool:

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
thanks, everyone

best wishes, sam

Tona

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Sam,
I love the tree. I keep coming back and staring at it. Beautiful.
Tona (Steve)

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
hello vance

this is a japanese import from shikoku. the variety is itoigawa shinpaku grown as material for bonsai . the trunk, shari and major branches were developed over many years in japan. the rest is up to me. as the tree gets further along the plan is to remove it from the current training pot into something more fitting.

best wishes, sam

Last edited:

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
shimpaku update

posted some pictures of this tree last year. the tree has grown strongly since, so today was spent advancing the tree to the next level. please enjoy the before and after pictures.

best wishes, sam

before
DSC04376.jpgDSC04377.jpgDSC04382.jpgDSC04383.jpg

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
shimpaku update (cont)

DSC04402.jpgafter

DSC04385.jpgDSC04408.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
That's a great tree. I love the foliage. There are many positive attributes to this tree but one that really appeals to me is the scale and inability to determine its size without a point of reference. I only wish that it did not presently have an exposed root base to draw my eye. Great tree though. Well done Sam.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Gorgeous tree and you have done well in improving it both artistically and health wise.

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
That's a great tree. I love the foliage. There are many positive attributes to this tree but one that really appeals to me is the scale and inability to determine its size without a point of reference. I only wish that it did not presently have an exposed root base to draw my eye. Great tree though. Well done Sam.

I agree there is a slight instability in the base--the exposed roots in them selves don't bother me. It seems perched up a bit too high. I suppose with all the amazingness going on up there the look and posture of the base becomes all that more critical. It is truly an amazing thing for sure.

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
thanks for the comments and observations. I appreciate it.

best wishes, sam

Top Bottom