Junipers are fun!

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Got some pre-bonsai from a member of our club. He likes to put them on rocks:)

Before

junis16.jpg

Current

upjun2.jpg

This one below was hanging off the rock when I came home one day. I suspect my g/fs cat! I have to wait until it grasps the rock stongly again before any work can be done (Damn cat!)

junisize31.jpg

junisize9.jpg

This one below is small, but I still like it.

3-11-0926.jpg

kytombonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Duane,

I like tree #2. A little thinning and wiring will really bring out the beauty. The trunk proportion looks good with the size of the rock.

Tom

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This one below was hanging off the rock when I came home one day. I suspect my g/fs cat! I have to wait until it grasps the rock strongly again before any work can be done (Damn cat!)

I didn't know pussy trading was on the stock market ;) Lovely junis.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Tom, hope to work it next season.

Rick, the cat now walks with a funny limp, just kidding all you cat lovers out there. I got the trees at a good price, it's for me to work & learn on. She has 3 cats, so I've learned to love them too.

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
I like the first one, but I would remove the little one and position the rest of the composition over to the left. Because, the trees are going in opposite directions, my eyes are going all over the place. The one on the right though is very nice, and the whole scene could be really serene.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Rick & cquinn, as much as I would like to keep that smaller one on there, taking it off does seem like the right thing to do.

Top Bottom