Reaction score
best wishes, sam

DSC07277.jpgDSC07283.jpg

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Both very nice! The deadwood on the first one is graceful, and the live vein on the second one is like a ribbon in the wind...good stuff!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Where do you live Sam? Please fill out you member profile and give us your location.

I would like a little information on these trees. How long have you had them and if you did not do the work do you know who did?

woodguy

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Beautiful junipers and as usual your yard looks fantastic.

Jorgen

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Where do you live Sam? Please fill out you member profile and give us your location.

I would like a little information on these trees. How long have you had them and if you did not do the work do you know who did?
I agree that it will help if Sam update his profile. However, he's been here much longer than I am and actively posting great looking trees, I would think you would know where he live (Hawaii) by now. :)

sam

Chumono
Reaction score

I live in hawaii. the trees have been in my hands since 2013. they were grown in the ground, trained for bonsai use for 50+ years. I purchased them as semi trained material from a dealer. I do not know of their history other than that.

best wishes, sam

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I always love the grass in your pics the best.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I noticed the grass a few times and thought it must be some kind of artificial, like an astro-turf. I would assume that grass would not be so easy to grow in Hawaii, I know its not easy in Florida for certain.

ed

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
bonsai grass

I noticed the grass a few times and thought it must be some kind of artificial, like an astro-turf. I would assume that grass would not be so easy to grow in Hawaii, I know its not easy in Florida for certain.

ed

with all the nice comments about the grass mebbe I oughta plant some in a bonsai pot and show it at our next exhibit - or plant a bunch of small pots and offer them on the internet during the worst part of winter as a reminder of what green grass looks like. or better yet, maybe start a thread exclusively about my lawn. just kidding!

for ed. no astro turf here. the grass is really REAL

best wishes, sam

Last edited:

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
with all the nice comments about the grass mebbe I oughta plant some in a bonsai pot and show it at our next exhibit - or plant a bunch of small pots and offer them on the internet during the worst part of winter as a reminder of what green grass looks like. or better yet, maybe start a thread exclusively about my lawn. just kidding!

for ed. no astro turf here. the grass is really REAL

best wishes, sam

It looks so smooth, like a golf green! In Florida the sun browns the grass, they have cultivars like St Augustine grass and Bahia grass that stays green, but they are much coarser and St Augustine gets to be about 4 inches thick. Its not like regular grass, more like a mat that is spongy to step on with coarse grass blades. Not barefoot comfortable at all. Its also very expensive to maintain. Bahia is used on lawns but even more for pastures for cows to eat, to give you an idea of the look of it for a lawn.

ed

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
grass & juniper

my lawn is planted to a fine bladed salt tolerant grass (I live just off the ocean) called seashore paspalum. very popular in Hawaii as a lawn grass and on golf courses. easy on the bare feet. I de-thatch annually to keep the grass from becoming too thick. semi annual fertilizing, daily watering and full sun gets you a green carpet. sharing a better (eye level) picture of one of the the junipers posted yesterday.

best wishes, sam

Attachments

• DSC07297.jpg
    DSC07297.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Top Bottom