Junipers

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My junipers appear to have some needle cast would it be alright to use reliant systemic fungicide on them and should I use it as a foliar spray or should I drench the plant the instructions on reliant are a little confusing any help would be appreciated!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pics!

Sounds normal.

Sorce

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It may be a fungus like diplodia but it is not needle cast unless your juniper is actually a pine.
I have never used Reliant so I can't help there.
Pics would be helpful.

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
one of my junipers in particular has a lot of dried needles what could cause this?

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
one of my junipers in particular has a lot of dried needles what could cause this?
Are you keeping the juniper indoors or outdoors? What kind of soil is it in? How much are you watering it? How long have you had it and, if you haven’t had it for long, where did you obtain it?

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have had it for over a year bought it at lowes one of their little bonsai and it is in bonsai jack soil I water it every other day it is currently indoors I do put it out for winter. I use dyna-gro bonsai pro fertilizer once a month

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you have kept it inside for the better time of its custodianship, it is a miracle it is still alive.
It belongs outside. Inside it will eventually die.

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
hey I realized I was a little scared to get the needles wet and since I have the little junipers actually look better now but before this I was misting them several times a day and noticed them drying out so I stopped all water on the top of the needles needless to say I decided to douse them liberally on top and they all look better now go figure!!

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My Junipers are doing much better now trhat I am watering from overtop now looking Good Thanks all!!!

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If you have kept it inside for the better time of its custodianship, it is a miracle it is still alive.
It belongs outside. Inside it will eventually die.
I put it outside for the winter so it goes through a cool down period thanks!!

Top Bottom