Juniperus Procumbens "Nana" + I'm back

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Hi Nutter Friends,

I used to frequent the boards a lot, but between a job and now professional bonsai pursuits I am an infrequent lurker. I'm beginning to travel and do a lot more bonsai work, so I wanted to emerge from hiding. I've mainly been posting on Facebook and Instagram, but I also have a new website now: https://justbonsai.com/

This tree is probably my favorite tree I've developed this year, I also exhibited the tree in LA at the Nanpukai show. My stylistic tastes post apprenticeship have grown increasingly softer and I tend to gravitate towards bunjin-esk shapes. Procumbens are actually one of my favorite species for bonsai and having had seen several nice examples in Japan, I really wanted to develop a nice one in the states. Some shari work was done and over time the lifelines will become more pronounced.

Julian

DSC02084 (1).JPG DSC02081.JPG

Before work:

20220417_213858.jpg

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
As a Southern California local, I’ve been following your work since you got back that procumbens may be my favorite so far.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
It's funny just how unpopular the procumbens are in Japan, although you occasionally see some great examples.

Great tree. The low apex on a bunjin-esque tree is really unique. I'd love to see some updates once the deadwood has aged a little more.

Having a look at your website, I see you were only in Japan for around 2 years. If you don't care to divulge I understand, but I'm curious why you didn't stay longer?

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Very impressive portfolio on your website and very impressive juniper! Will look forward to following your work more closely 👍🏼

Top Bottom