Juniperus Sabina Rastrera

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
September 11, 2021
Purchased this yamadori from Portugal at my first workshop with bonsai master Danny use.
During this workshop, the lifeline was searched and the dead wood cleaned up.

IMG_0435-klein.jpegIMG_0436-klein.jpegIMG_0437-klein.jpegIMG_0438-klein.jpegIMG_0439-klein.jpegIMG_0440-klein.jpegIMG_0441-klein.jpegIMG_0442-klein.jpeg

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
March 18, 2022
Second workshop... first repotting. The first 5 cm from the trunk is still old soil. No roots were pruned. This will not be done until the next repotting in 2-3 years, at which time the entire old soil will be replaced.
In preparation for the workshop, the life vein was further explored.

Knipsel1.PNG
Knipsel2.PNG
Knipsel3.PNG
IMG_0713 kopie.jpeg
IMG_0712 kopie.jpeg
IMG_0714 kopie.jpeg
IMG_0715 kopie.jpeg

Now let it recover and grow well.
Another preliminary pruning will follow in mid-May and in the second part of the summer or fall we can prepare the next step.

SgtPilko

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice material and great teacher! Did you decide on a possible front? Has the foliage filled out over summer?

These Sabinas sometimes throw strange angular shapes don't they! I like them, I guess just have to dispense with more classical bonsai design, they are a fun puzzle, always full of weird angles, inverse taper etc

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Picture 4, swing that front over alittle too the left. I want to see the fin of the base more .. then j think that’s your front

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice material and great teacher! Did you decide on a possible front? Has the foliage filled out over summer?

These Sabinas sometimes throw strange angular shapes don't they! I like them, I guess just have to dispense with more classical bonsai design, they are a fun puzzle, always full of weird angles, inverse taper etc
Yes, teacher shows possibilities, I choose
I like more the natural way

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Picture 4, swing that front over alittle too the left. I want to see the fin of the base more .. then j think that’s your front
Will follow up this thread with more pictures after workshops

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I went through all the emotions on this one, loved the first pics with a full head of foliage and a bucketload of potential, then hated it (sorry!) when it revealed the awkward downward facing deadwood, now i'm back in love with it!

Top Bottom