JUNIPERUS TOLUROSA (Hollywood)

girv

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@Hartinez Will be watching this thread closely as I am also trying to come up with a more specific design with a Hollywood. Looks great so far.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This tree is still alive and is down to one trunk intentionally. That original styling was a bit too contrived. When pulling it from winter storage it was COVERED and I mean COVERED in spider mites. First thing I did was soak in insecticidal soap. It also was in a colander for the last few years and the colander was breaking down. It needed a repot. I repotted and believe it or not fully bare rooted the tree as under the root ball was completely dry though I had always kept it moist. After repotting it went into dappled sun. I began spraying insecticidal soap and then switched to malathion. I was also misting consistently. None of the foliage ever dried up and died off. In fact it’s all still doing well I think? It just looks off colored but it’s all alive. As you can see in the pic it has begun to grow new tips that are the typical green I’m used to. Not sure what to think other than to continue watering and feeding. It is in full sun now. Don’t know that I’ll do anything to this tree until it fully greens up. But the trunk movement is great and should give me lots options eventually.
3A469177-478D-4000-8D9A-C20FDB365957.jpegC4CD4FE0-FBBA-4FD7-842F-5AA0054C64DC.jpegEAC05DAC-7076-4A6F-8CBD-539582006A21.jpeg

Top Bottom