Just a trident Literati

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just a small trident I picked up at a swapmeet for $10.00. Bought it last year around this time at Club BBQ swapmeet.

Accent is over 18 years old in a pot. Isso pot. Tree is in cheap Chinese pot, but getting worthy.....

DSC_0002.JPG

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the image.
I'm probably a sucker for literati trees.

Some taper issues at the base?
Your plans???
I have no plans....it's a $10.00 stick in a pot. Just posted it cause it's cute. I thought it was interesting what can be done in a year. I see people work on trees here for decades and never have anything.

But....not bad for a 10.00 dollar tree with bark forming.
DSC_0003.JPGDSC_0004.JPGDSC_0006.JPGDSC_0007.JPG

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I have no plans....it's a $10.00 stick in a pot. Just posted it cause it's cute. I thought it was interesting what can be done in a year. I see people work on trees here for decades and never have anything.

But....not bad for a 10.00 dollar tree with bark forming.
View attachment 193766View attachment 193767View attachment 193768View attachment 193769
Heard that...
Doesn't look as pronounced when dry...
It's got a nice wiggle at the bottom, anyway...

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Heard that...
Doesn't look as pronounced when dry...
It's got a nice wiggle at the bottom, anyway...
I think In the last pic you can see the portion that was wet. I took the pic at lunch and the sprinklers had just run about twenty minutes before. The wet wicked up in the root portion of the trunk. The tree is just a tad high in the pot. Maybe if I keep it I will plant it lower next time.

Top Bottom