Just bought me 6 starter Bonsai

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So when I'm not busy with the 6 year JBP contest, my collected hornbeam and Oaks and my air-layering experiments (read: first time efforts on this subject, not really experiments) or building my first benches, ... I can always try to improve these little fellows.

First pic:
3 European hornbeam (I already sold the one on the top right in the blue pot to another newbie in my bonsai club)
1 Zelkova (bottom right)
1 Japanese Maple (on the left)

P1040720.JPG

And the I also bought this Trident a couple of weeks ago:

IMG_20171204_165059.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Wow. Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun. I would be very tempted to try an air layer on the maple in the second photo. It still looks great as is but still an option.

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How are these doing in the heat ?
All dead! WHY WHY WHY!!! o_Oo_O

They're doing just fine.

I sold the fagus crenata in the oval blue pot right after I bought it to someone of my bonsai club.
The Acer Palmatum: Fixed some of the wounds so they would calus over in the next year, the previous owner did a lousy job. So now it's growing freely to help the wounds heal. Will remove most of the branches at the end of fall and will repot it in a big flat wooden box next year
The 2 other Fagus crenata: repotted 1, didn't do anything to the other besides pruning it a bit
The Zelkova: repotted it and pruned it a few times
The Acer Buergerianum: pruned it a few times, will repot it in a big flat wooden box next year

Sorry for the lousy pic (left: acer p., center-front: repotted fagus, center-middle: zelkova, center back: fagus, right: acer b.)

20180806_192848.jpg

Top Bottom