Just for miss Vick......

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
You have probably been to Doug's site, but the Azaleas are in bloom, password bonsai. There just happens to be some cookie cutters for the rest of us.

keep it green,
Harry

http://www.thekennettco.org

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Amazing... simply amazing... there were hino-di-giri's that would have made Daniel green with envy.

I am delighted beyond words to have seen it.

Thank you Harry... that was wonderful of you to share. Truly....

Victrinia

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great collection of trees. Does anyone have some background on the Kennett collection? I've seen some of their trees in the National Exhibition Show book, but there isn't very much information on the Internet.

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The collection, located in Pennsylvania, is private and unpublicized.

Dave

radsnell

Sapling
Reaction score
Unbelievable collection, gardens, and grounds. I could spend a day walking around. It does give some good ideas for display areas, although on a much smaller scale.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Doug is a nice guy, he just doesn't want a lot of people showing up and tromping around his garden. You can go to facebook and he will honor you friend request, he has more pictures of his trees posted there. His is one of the finest collections in the US.

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's a terrific link. Thanks Harry. I swear I recognized one of those azaleas as one I saw in Chase Rosade's garden quite a while ago...

Reaction score
I swear I recognized one of those azaleas as one I saw in Chase Rosade's garden quite a while ago...

Could certainly be one of Chase's originally. Doug has purchased many of his trees from Japan and sends buyers there (Japan has some pre-export quarantine facilities), but he also has purchased quality trees in the US. I believe he purchased a tree from New England Bonsai and has Nick Lenz' and other native styled trees in his collection.
John Romano

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
John, I recognized Lenz's tree (s), which made me think it might be Chase's tree too.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Doug bought this JWP after I passed on it, because it wouldn't live here, I sure was tempted though. It was here in the US.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• wp2.jpg
    wp2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 81

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
So the Q that comes to my mind is: If this is but 1 of a major collection hidden in America where are the others?

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Marco goes there to work on his trees 3 times a year along with other masters. He has 1500 trees, a friend of mine works there full time.

keep it green,
Harry

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
So the Q that comes to my mind is: If this is but 1 of a major collection hidden in America where are the others?

Just that Irene - hidden, they really don't want everyone to know about them, to easy for really $$ trees to grow feet, not to mention just the trauma from thinking about all the ways someone can get into the property. Not just the trees, pots, stands etc, start to really add up the value of what is hanging around every day.

I was thinking about asking Harry think about possibly removing the link, if memory serves Suthin said Doug doesn't usually let folks have access , doesn't want people to relly know whats there. There is another link I'd seen somewhere and was told Mr Paul wasn't too happy about the publicity.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Just that Irene - hidden, they really don't want everyone to know about them, to easy for really $$ trees to grow feet, not to mention just the trauma from thinking about all the ways someone can get into the property. Not just the trees, pots, stands etc, start to really add up the value of what is hanging around every day.

I was thinking about asking Harry think about possibly removing the link, if memory serves Suthin said Doug doesn't usually let folks have access , doesn't want people to relly know whats there. There is another link I'd seen somewhere and was told Mr Paul wasn't too happy about the publicity.

Since he obviously had the website created. I assume he wants people to go there and enjoy his trees, otherwise why bother. He is also on facebook and posts pictures of some his trees there and confirms all requests to be his friend. He doesn't list his address, location or phone number. so I'm sure it's fine to visit his website.

keep it green,
Harry

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Thats cools Harry, just passing along what I had heard. Not like the place is top secret, I know people that have gone there for club tours. If nothing else didn't want you to be on someones S list for honorable intentions.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Thats cools Harry, just passing along what I had heard. Not like the place is top secret, I know people that have gone there for club tours. If nothing else didn't want you to be on someones S list for honorable intentions.

LOL, I'm on so many poop lists, one more wouldn't matter..............:D

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom