Just got this tool set from amazon

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I was searching amazon the Thursday night, and found this tool set listed for $63.00. Ordered it and it arrived this afternoon. At least it arrived unlike the last set I ordered and never made an appearance. Looks like a pretty decent set too. Will have to see if they actually work.

Attachments

• bonsai tool set.jpg
    bonsai tool set.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 77

Dr.Plant.Daddy

Seedling
Reaction score
I was searching amazon the Thursday night, and found this tool set listed for $63.00. Ordered it and it arrived this afternoon. At least it arrived unlike the last set I ordered and never made an appearance. Looks like a pretty decent set too. Will have to see if they actually work.
Have a link?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Make sure you keep those tools, clean and dry. Clean and oil them with 3 vs 1 oil after every use or they will rust

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My sister got me this set for Christmas last year.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Looks like you got enough wire to wire one branch on a tree :)
probably. I really haven't wired a tree yet, so far been basically able to prune them, kinda like this Ficus I got from the Chicago bonsai club meeting last wednesday.... can't believe it's been a week already tomorrow.

Attachments

• better new ficus photo.jpg
    better new ficus photo.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 37

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
how do you like it? got it on saturday, only used it once on sunday and thought they seem to work well.
Honestly, I haven't used most of the tools, except for the root rake, which I've used a lot. I have a nicer pair of shears I got from Superfly Bonsai that I use the most.

parvae_arbores

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
probably. I really haven't wired a tree yet, so far been basically able to prune them, kinda like this Ficus I got from the Chicago bonsai club meeting last wednesday.... can't believe it's been a week already tomorrow.
I was kidding around, you are going to need more wire than what you got and thicker for that tree. Enjoy your new tool set and try to resist the urge to work your trees.

MSU JBoots

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have that same set. I’ve used it only twice but the concave cutters worked very well on a thick pine. I clean it with alcohol and oil them after use.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Looks much like the set I started with. The only difference is mine came with a different style of wire cutter.

Everything was relatively dull and needed to be sharpened. I used a cheap diamond file.

The only exception was the angle crotch cutters, which sucked, and crushed branches rather than cutting them. Those I gave up on and replaced. The alignment on the largest scissors (root cutters), is not great, and have given me a few pinch bruises. Otherwise, the kit has been pretty good considering the price.

Top Bottom