Just saying hello

Mr GeaRbOx

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hello!

Just wanted to say hello to all the fellow bonsai enthusiasts out there! I've been lurking for a while and figured it was time to make an account and a few posts. I got my first tree in December (as an adult, had one when i was 12 but killed it post haste) and i have been "developing" it since. I use that term loosely in this context as I have now learned quite a deal more. Plan on making a thread on it for fellow (overzealous) newbies.

And a big thank you to all who take the time to post helpful information and promote bonsai as a whole.

~Gear

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Welcome, hope that you enjoy this site as much as I do. I have found this site to have tons of information and really helpful knowledgeable people. It is a pleasure to access to this type and amount of information and help.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Welcome Gear, hope to see you post up your trees. I know you have one now, but that won't last long! ;)

Mr GeaRbOx

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thank you J Evans. I enjoy it greatly and agree wholeheartedly with your comment.

Thank you Judy. Oh you're a mind reader. I have quite a few but they are all from nursery stock and only a few months in my care. More "practice trees" if anything to learn the technical aspect. Also, i live in the desert and have no illusions about the task I have undertaken (we've already had 90 degree days and 30-40mph winds). I should have a post up later tonight. :)

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Welcome to the crack house...by this time next year you'll have more trees than you can shake a stick at...and sometimes that stick is what's left of your first tree.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another dweller of the arid landscape. That makes 2.

Search Milehighs posts if you haven't already.

Welcome to Crazy!

Now go water for the 6th time today!

Sorce

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well hello.....and I do understand the lurking around and listening....reading posts.

Geo

Chumono
Reaction score
Todos Santos,Baja Sur Elev56M 23.46N 110.24W
USDA Zone
11+
Welcome, fellow desert rat. I live in Baja Sur, Mexico. Near the tip of the peninsula. I have had to leave many temperate species behind altogether. No cold dormancy. A whole new experience!

Top Bottom