Chumono
Reaction score
Only three days and I already have a bad case of plantar fasciitis...:(

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Here's a preview of the famous green club...I've got 100+ picture that I will eventually share :)

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wonder if I could trade my first born for that big ume on the shelf in the last shot :D:D

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
You have no idea how jealous I am right now..... Thanks for the pics would love to see more!

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
Buddhamonk,
I am sorry to hear you are suffering from plantar fasciitis while trying to enjoy Kokufu ten.
Try to find a product called "Super feet". They may carry them in stores carrying high end running shoes. In the US they are about $35 a pair.
They are a special foot bed that adjusts to your foot and have been a like a miracle for many people myself included. Good luck!

Mark

I just checked their website and there are stores all over Tokyo that carry them.

Last edited:

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Mark,

Thanks for the tip. I'll be looking for some type of insole because walking around Tokyo is no joke and I grew up in Paris which also involves quite a bit of walking but the Parisian Subway system I feel is much more efficient.

I have attached a picture of ume pre-bonsai that won't involve having to trade first-borns since they are only $80 each

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Here are interesting (cheap) satsuki pre-bonsai...now I wish I could bring some back in my luggage. One is $90 while the other is $60

The big one below is only $700

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

bonsaimeister

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Awesome pics, BM. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any of the indoor sales area?

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Here are a few of the indoor sale area. Gotta say that some of the trees there were better than the trees at Kokufu itself.

I'm going back to the green club tomorrow early morning to buy Japanese Tools and a pot. I bought some cheap pots from the Kinbon booth but they're all made in China. The japanese pots are quite expensive so I'm taking my time.

IMG_3957.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3949-1.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you for sharing, you lucky dog you!

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
:D:D:cool: Don't take this the wrong way please - YOU SUCK, here I am sitting and doing winter reading on bonsai, check a few posts and BAM here we are smack in bonsai heaven.

Really hope your feet stop hurting, and enjoy your trip even more, whist we toil here at work, LUCKY DOG!:D;)

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello buddhamonk,,,,,,,,This could be the greatest picture thread ever... My mouth was actually open in amazement.. When I realized this, I closed it..lol...Then scrolled down to look at more pics and bam..my mouth was open again......:D

Top Bottom