Just Some Seedlings

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I collected some seeds from a Japanese maple that is planted at a library by my church. I put them in some wet paper towels in the fridge and they sprouted, so a year later here is what I have. Today, I decided to put some movement in the "trunks". Thought I would share.

John

DSC00118-2.jpg DSC00120-2.jpg DSC00122-2.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You know I'm with a "just some" project!

Tho I prefer the old Golden Commemorative bottles.....

Mmmmmm....

Sorce

jeanluc83

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
They look good. I would consider repotting them into their own nursery pots in the spring. It will give them more room to grow and after another year they will become difficult to separate without damaging the roots. It will give you an opportunity to do some work on the roots like remove the tap root.

If you're cheep, like me, stop by a local nursery and ask if they have any used nursery pots that they want to get rid of. I got about 50 4" pots for about 5 cents each. They might even give you some for free. I've been known to walk around on recycling days in the spring and fall to do some dumpster diving.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
They look good. I would consider repotting them into their own nursery pots in the spring. It will give them more room to grow and after another year they will become difficult to separate without damaging the roots. It will give you an opportunity to do some work on the roots like remove the tap root.

Yeah, I plan on reporting in February, when I do everything else. Was just a little bored the other day so I went ahead and hit them with the wire.

Bunjeh

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Actually, I did the same thing with some Acer Ginnala seedlings I found. There is patch in one of our local parks where literally thousands of seedlings popped up. I grabbed a handful and have placed about 20 or so in a grow box hoping to have a forrest someday. BTW: "Coors" in the old Pueblo tribal language means "anemic urine". Just saying.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
anemic urine"

Nitrogen with no trace elements!

I been to the brewery. Cool place!

Makes you wonder what Miller stands for?
Probly just urine? Bovine urine?
Lol....gross!

Sorce

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I would not say coors is "anemic" on flavor, I would say that it strongly resembles urine. PBR is the best cheap beer.

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Back in the day PBR was a college staple. Followed up in Virginia by Black Label and Natty Bo.

However I think it was more of a cost factor than a taste test.

Top Bottom