Just thought I'd share my small Natal Plum

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
IMG_0680.jpgIMG_0677.jpgIMG_0678.jpg

I know it's very little, but I see future potential. I got this at a local nursery for $7. At the time it was a lot taller than what it looks like now. I see that these back bud like crazy when pruned, and it grows very well in my climate. I know that they produce an edible berry, but I was wondering if it is best to remove the fruit, or let it grow freely?

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
View attachment 35787View attachment 35788View attachment 35789

I know it's very little, but I see future potential. I got this at a local nursery for $7. At the time it was a lot taller than what it looks like now. I see that these back bud like crazy when pruned, and it grows very well in my climate. I know that they produce an edible berry, but I was wondering if it is best to remove the fruit, or let it grow freely?

As with everything, fruit production will demand most of the plant's energy. So the official answer is, it depends on what you want. They grow VERY slowly as it is and it seems that you would like more size on it. So, that would suggest removal.

Do be aware, that everything on the plant is toxic except the edible fruit so don't allow pets or children to get into the cuttings.

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks, Rob. I will keep these tips in mind. I don't have to worry about pets or children since I have neither...lol. I will however wash my hands after handling it from now on.

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Do you still have this one? If so, how's it doing now?

Top Bottom