Just when you thought your yard trees were safe!

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's hard to believe a thief would work that hard. If they would put that much effort into a real job they would make alot more money.
Took the words out of my mouth. Just get a job dude, you are already working third shift AND doing manual labor haha

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It's hard to believe a thief would work that hard. If they would put that much effort into a real job they would make alot more money.
They saw it was planted in Turface, so they knew it didn't have any fine roots and would be easy to pull :)

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Come to think of it, a 7ft tall JM will take just a few minutes to dig up with a root slayer shovel. I bet the theft took just 5 minutes to execute.
As hot as it is in Jackson MS now, that tree may have a tough time thriving after the dig. I feel for the tree.

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not surprising and not uncommon, as prices for landscaping etc. rise. We had a rash of thefts in the D.C. area of office landscaping plants being ripped out and taken off by organized thieves with specialized gear for resale. When the economy is right, stuff goes missing. Catalytic converters are another hot item these days. The profit margins have begun to outweigh the risks...

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
They can come dig up mine 😂

Attachments

• 1AC3AEE6-52C4-4ECA-9CCD-A4729841B0A6.jpeg
    1AC3AEE6-52C4-4ECA-9CCD-A4729841B0A6.jpeg
    463.9 KB · Views: 25

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Not surprising and not uncommon, as prices for landscaping etc. rise. We had a rash of thefts in the D.C. area of office landscaping plants being ripped out and taken off by organized thieves with specialized gear for resale. When the economy is right, stuff goes missing. Catalytic converters are another hot item these days. The profit margins have begun to outweigh the risks...
Besides having your catalytic converter cut within 3mins......you have to worry about having your gas tank drilled into and gas drained. The shitty part is you can't fix the tank it has to be replaced once it's drilled.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Besides having your catalytic converter cut within 3mins......you have to worry about having your gas tank drilled into and gas drained. The shitty part is you can't fix the tank it has to be replaced once it's drilled.
I remember having to fix fuel tanks a few times in my lifetime. Oh my how things have changed.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The article said the tree was only planted a year or so ago. Easy dig and probably why it was targeted. Same size as a typical Home Depot maple.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hope the motive wasn't bonsai....

Top Bottom