JWP - Advice

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I would like to know if you could give me some advises for my JWP I have purchased last year.
I know he's not really pretty but he's my first JWP and I have something to special attention to him.
For the moment I'm going to let him growing because he is still young but I have some questions for you.

First I would like to know what is the better face ? Face 1 or Face 2. For me the face 1 is better because it hides the point of grafted with JBP because this point is really ugly in my opinion.

Thank you so much

Attachments

• Face1.JPG
    Face1.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Face2.JPG
    Face2.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 70

Bob Hunter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
To get rid of the ugly graft you need to let it grow unchecked for 20 years. If you keep it small the white pine will not keep up with the black pine sacrifice branches are the way to go. .. First 2 pictures are 25 years apart last is 35 years. .IMG_4870.JPG2 PINE spring 2010 027.jpgDSC00336.JPGIMG_6317.JPG

Bob Hunter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
By the way if you can plant it in the ground probably take half as long.

Reaction score
Thank you Rob but I live near Paris in France and I don't have a garden to do that unfortunately.
Your tree grew up well ! Your JWP is really beautiful now !
And could i have your opinion for the face please ?

Last edited:

Bob Hunter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thank you Rob but I live near Paris in France and I don't have a garden to do that unfortunately.
Your tree grew up well ! Your JWP is really beautiful now !
And could i have your opinion for the face please ?
I like the 2nd picture... I would change the angle a little to the right to lose that couple of inches of straight up trunk. By the way mine have always been in a pot.. I up potted every 3 years.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I agree about changing the pitting angle.

I think the tree would be improved by wiring the upper trunk using copper wire to add move movement. The bottom if the tree has a lot of movement, the top not so much. If the upper sections had similar movement as the bottom, the graft junction would not be so obvious.

Reaction score
You're right both of you about the angle of view. I'm going to try to change it a little to the right.
Indeed ! There is a lot of work and it will be better if I give a lot of movement to the top of my JWP. All this will be done later.
And I hope my JWP will be wonderful .... in twenty years :)
Thank you so much for your help.

Top Bottom