JWP Discolouring Needles

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi everyone!

Im not sure if this is normal for white pines it’s got a blue ting to the needles so I’m assuming it must be grafted but they seem to be losing colour.

Any tips would be great as I don’t want it getting any worse!

Thanks
Ben

Attachments

• BE417F03-C6C3-45E4-8CFA-B28A599C89E7.jpeg
    BE417F03-C6C3-45E4-8CFA-B28A599C89E7.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 46
  • A45E56B2-CE72-4F80-9AA4-21BF8302CB50.jpeg
    A45E56B2-CE72-4F80-9AA4-21BF8302CB50.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 42

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I had a JWP start turning yellow.

I started feeding it this and it turned back green after a few months

I see you are in the UK. here is a similar product available on the UK Amazon

And I dont know why it doesnt display links the same way...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maxicrop PPSIYDL Sequestered Iron, Natural Seaweed Extract Plus 2% Iron, 500ML, Concentrate https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CZ75...abc_Q3YVGBE8EX2QTEA0KWM1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I think I’ve got some of this somewhere would that do the trick?

Should I wait until after the candles begin to extend they look like they’re just starting to.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It should yes, if it is an iron deficiency like mine was.
However it will take a few months probably before you start to see improvement (at least it did with mine).

I would start feeding it now with the iron suppliment.
We generally wait to fertilize til after the new needles are formed but if there isnt any nitrogen in the stuff you have, it should be fine as its just micro nutrients.

If its candles are extending, the tree is still pretty healthy. Mine was doing fine, it was just turning yellow on some parts of it like yours is.
I dont know how long an iron deficiency can go before it really starts hurting the tree.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
It should yes, if it is an iron deficiency like mine was.
However it will take a few months probably before you start to see improvement (at least it did with mine).

I would start feeding it now with the iron suppliment.
We generally wait to fertilize til after the new needles are formed but if there isnt any nitrogen in the stuff you have, it should be fine as its just micro nutrients.

If its candles are extending, the tree is still pretty healthy. Mine was doing fine, it was just turning yellow on some parts of it like yours is.
I dont know how long an iron deficiency can go before it really starts hurting the tree.
Thanks for that!

I’ll find it and starting the feeding tomorrow how often was you feeding just, just followed the pack instructions?

Top Bottom