JWP from seeds

Zappa

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello I just scored some JWP seeds...anyone have any advice on how to grow these? I've heard that you need to do multiple cycles of warm/cold stratifcation to get these to germinate...any thoughts?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I wish I could offer advice. Last year I grew some JBP and JM from seed just for fun, but I can't offer you advice on JWP - with one exception. I was surprised how many seedlings I lost to birds / critters. Make sure you put a net over your seedling tray or whatever vessel you are using once you move the seeds into soil.

Bunjinent

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Got them to sprout by soak over night. Then plant in fall. Let them freeze through the winter and come up naturally in spring. I only get 50% germination this way, but that is good enough for me. Might do better on sprouting mat after freezing. Getting them to maturity is difficult in my grow zone. We have very hot summers and it was dry last year. They do far better in the northern zones as they need to freeze seems like it was minimum 2-3 weeks.
Love yer username...Entertainment all the way, bro. I'm sure someone here trims trees with Zircon encrusted concave cutters...

-Wm

Top Bottom