Kadsura japonica/Binan-kazura

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I’m looking for Kadsura Japonica. I’m not sure I want to spend the money for a fully mature finished bonsai. In a perfect scenario, I would like to find affordable rooted cuttings from both male and female plants.

Thanks in advance for any help in locating this seemingly rare plant.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m looking for Kadsura Japonica. I’m not sure I want to spend the money for a fully mature finished bonsai. In a perfect scenario, I would like to find affordable rooted cuttings from both male and female plants.

Thanks in advance for any help in locating this seemingly rare plant.
Are you looking for the tree, Katsura or the fruiting evergreen vine Kadsura japonica. Since this is a bonsai forum I would guess the tree, but since you are asking for male and female, maybe you mean the vine. The vine has an ambiguous sexual orientation and can change sexes.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Are you looking for the tree, Katsura or the fruiting evergreen vine Kadsura japonica. Since this is a bonsai forum I would guess the tree, but since you are asking for male and female, maybe you mean the vine. The vine has an ambiguous sexual orientation and can change sexes.
Kadsura japonica (the vine). Although it is a vine, it is sometimes grown by bonsai enthusiasts. Here is a picture of one that was featured in Bonsai Today.

Attachments

• 7EB7FBFF-F611-42B4-A9B6-971D504F19D6.jpeg
    7EB7FBFF-F611-42B4-A9B6-971D504F19D6.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 30
Reaction score
Nurseries Caroliniana Inc in North Augusta, SC carries them. (803) 279-2707

Top Bottom