Kaho

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ms. Vic's azalea inspired me to do this. Normally, I am too lazy to post anything, but when I saw Victrinia's Satsuki, I said to mysel: wait a minute, I need to stand up for California and show at least something. So, this evening, this is the best I could do.
Here is one of my Satsukis. I did not touch this tree since July, last year, that's when it got its first detailed wiring. Today, I just used a blow-drier to blow off this winter's dead leaves, put a few patches of moss on it, and cleaned the pot a little. So, the whole preparation for this photo took about 15 minutes.

It will take a few more years to develop some detailed branching, and improve the overall contour of the crown. Right now the pads are very basic, with very little refinement.

And then, I need to plant it into a better pot. This is the second year that the tree was ever planted into a bonsai pot, and this was the only pot that I could find in my garage at the present time. So, let me know what pot do you recommend.

The tree has two fronts:

First front (I added a second picture, making it look like a painting, just for fun):

Attachments

• P1010002c1.jpg
    P1010002c1.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 106
  • P1010002EDGE1.jpg
    P1010002EDGE1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What's interesting about the above is that the purple/dark pink patch in the top did not exist until a few years ago. It was almost all white. Then I've found one little twig with a dark pink flower. In over 3 years, I have grown that little twig into a good sized branch, and now I have a more interesting color mix. This is how you can manage the color of your flowers.

(Puzzle for you: there is the face of a young duck hidden in the trunk, can you find it?)

Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is the second front. I use this for weddings and bridal arrangements. It is the back of the other front.:)

(I did some playing around with the second picture, for a flower-extravaganza)

Attachments

• P1010006a1.jpg
    P1010006a1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 61
  • P1010006c.jpg
    P1010006c.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
What's interesting about the above is that the purple/dark pink patch in the top did not exist until a few years ago. It was almost all white. Then I've found one little twig with a dark pink flower. In over 3 years, I have grown that little twig into a good sized branch, and now I have a more interesting color mix. This is how you can manage the color of your flowers.

(Puzzle for you: there is the face of a young duck hidden in the trunk, can you find it?)
right above the roots....center of pot and straight up...
saw it on first look;-)

Nice tree!!!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Attila... That is just lovely!! Marvelous trunk line... I'll take your trunkline with my crown.. :D lol

I've got more pinks morphing on mine every year... there were actually quite a few this year... they just came out first. :p

Thanks so much for showing her... she's a beauty. :)

Yours most kindly,

V

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Attila... That is just lovely!! Marvelous trunk line... I'll take your trunkline with my crown.. :D lol

I've got more pinks morphing on mine every year... there were actually quite a few this year... they just came out first. :p

Thanks so much for showing her... she's a beauty. :)

Yours most kindly,

V

Yes, the nebari and trunk is my favorite part of this tree.
I hope your tree will be in full bloom by the time of the exhibit. You are very brave, I would be quite nervous about it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yes, the nebari and trunk is my favorite part of this tree.
I hope your tree will be in full bloom by the time of the exhibit. You are very brave, I would be quite nervous about it.

Actually she won't have many... if any... we started blooming in April... kid you not. :(

I am nervous about it... but I'm taking as many precautions as I may... 6000 miles is a lot of miles for a tree. :eek:

V

Top Bottom