Kaizuka Juniper initial styling

crisraw

Seedling
Reaction score
I bought this early last year. A kaizuka Juniper. I’ve just spent the whole afternoon giving it its initial styling.
Obviously the pads will be refined over the next few seasons along with the apex. Also the jins are in no way finished. I’m pretty pleased with the result and can’t wait to put it into a nice pot early spring of next year

Attachments

• DFDF03BC-4B1E-4561-966D-53754BB461A4.jpeg
    DFDF03BC-4B1E-4561-966D-53754BB461A4.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 135
  • F2678EA6-F23F-4BEF-84F8-B7AC9EDE5ABF.jpeg
    F2678EA6-F23F-4BEF-84F8-B7AC9EDE5ABF.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 140

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I bought this early last year. A kaizuka Juniper. I’ve just spent the whole afternoon giving it its initial styling.
Obviously the pads will be refined over the next few seasons along with the apex. Also the jins are in no way finished. I’m pretty pleased with the result and can’t wait to put it into a nice pot early spring of next year
Nice looking tree, but that straight skinny jin just isn't working for me.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very nice first job. I have to say I agree. The jin angle, shape and girth only detracts from the general power of the tree. Jin always needs to compliment the trees aesthetics.
I am not telling you to do anything but if this were my tree the jin would be gone

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah....F that Jin...

You see it?

That F is what really makes it bad.

Sorce

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah....F that Jin...

You see it?

That F is what really makes it bad.

Sorce
I would also be tilting the position of the tree, it's losing a lot from poor positioning but I think this is a great shot at a first styling and a very promising tree

crisraw

Seedling
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys but did any of you read what I wrote? I stated that the jins were in no way finished! It is just an initial styling.
The angle will be changed when I repot it next year

Top Bottom