Kanorin's 5 year native tree challenge: Missouri river bluffs scene

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Missouri isn't the most iconic scenic nature state in the USA, but it has its moments. One of those moments occurs when looking at the limestone bluffs carved out by the Missouri river valley. I'm gonna try to take inspiration from a river bluffs scene and plant some native trees in there.
Next Step: Find a suitable rock

Attachments

• missouriRiverbluffs.jpg
    missouriRiverbluffs.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 18

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Missouri isn't the most iconic scenic nature state in the USA, but it has its moments. One of those moments occurs when looking at the limestone bluffs carved out by the Missouri river valley. I'm gonna try to take inspiration from a river bluffs scene and plant some native trees in there.
Next Step: Find a suitable rock
We go to the Lake of the Ozarks and to Branson pretty regularly. It's amazing the way the trees find some purchase to grow in those cliffs. I can never get my husband to pull over for me to take a picture. 😡

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This thing will probably fall apart during the next mild rainshower we get....but here it is!
Pinus echinata on a 50ish pound rock.
IMG-4845.jpgIMG-4847.jpgIMG-4850.jpg
I figure I'll just start with 2 trees. If that muck holds together AND the trees survive, I'll think about adding some more trees.

Top Bottom