Kanuma to soft...?

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I eventually got hold of some Kanuma for the Satsuki. Its soft but I don't know if its to soft to use. It crushes to powder very easy between the fingers. Never used it so I don't know anything about it. I heard its soft..but how soft? Can I still use it, or will it break down to fast and create problems?
I tried loading a very short video, but it won't let me.

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is always soft. Rubbing between fingers soft.
Thanks for that. Yeah that is good news. I've been dreading using it. Worried about it breaking down to soon and causing root rot...or other problems. So will this be good for say 2-3 years?

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When dry, Kanuma crushes easily. When wet it is surprisingly good at holding shape, like a gum drop. It has a "chewy" texture, though I never put it in my mouth, on purpose.
WoW you're right. Thanks for that. It has a different tecture when wet. My exitement is back again. I thought I wasted my money on a sub standard product. Now i'll get more so i'm ready come spring.
I'm going to add some with the pumice mix for the Acers and the Roses. See how that works for them.
Also going to use it straight on the Beech.

Last edited:

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Was playing around and came apon this. A wholesaler out of Japan distributing Akadama by the container.
This is the hard one. They also list a super hard..
Screenshot_20200519-170645.png

Top Bottom