Kashima time!

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Beautiful tree NY, hopefully it will regain its health this year.
I was reading through this thread and thinking what a nice maple, then I got to page three. Sad.
Good luck with it. Hopefully it is strong enough to shake it off.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Beautiful tree NY, hopefully it will regain its health this year.
I was reading through this thread and thinking what a nice maple, then I got to page three. Sad.
Good luck with it. Hopefully it is strong enough to shake it off.

It is a disappointment for sure that it has done poorly the last two seasons. The first year it was a definite fungal infection. The second season it didn't really show signs of fungal infection but I wish i knew the reason for the lack of growth extension. We'll see what happens this year. I am hoping a year or two in a box will get its vigor restored and able to be moved forward with development.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Pretty!

Hey, have you any new ideas for fungal issues this year?

last season I didn’t have fungal issues Like I had in the past. i Used a combo of sprays, lime sulfur before bud break, copper and mancozeb during the season. It Worked well enough but is a pain in the ass. im Armed and ready to go again this season but looking into trying a systemic fungicide.

Last edited:

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
last season I didn’t have fungal issues Like I had in the past. i Used a combo of sprays, lime sulfur before bud break, copper and mancozeb during the season. It Worked well enough but is a pain in the ass. im Armed and ready to go again this season but looking into trying a systemic fungicide.
Hmm, nice!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Looking good and healthy Bri! Kashima has beautiful spring color. Keep an eye on it but looking good! And yes it needs lots more development but one thing at a time.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Tree grew pretty well this season as I let it do it’s own thing to continue to regain vigor. A few areas didnt Extend and growth remained tight. I will likely look to perform a light repot into something shallower while not removing too many roots this spring, cutback and light wire.EB6FFFD1-C603-4897-A0FD-0FBEFFB97818.jpegD31EB1A3-CD67-41D5-9E4E-6136FC159BD3.jpegF2C1157E-A11C-4480-9850-87090A300E7C.jpeg

Top Bottom