Keeping birds out?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
@KillerButts , All yours photos are making me nauseous

Mao zedong had the same wonderful idea ...

View attachment 316281

View attachment 316282

If you manage to read that and still don’t get it, I don’t need to attack you, that’s your opinion but it’s not facts.

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "KillerButts, message: 764762, membre: 27851"]
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://nestwatch.org/learn/all-about-birdhouses/managing-house-sparrows-and-european-starlings/ [/ URL]

If you manage to read this and you still don't understand, I don't need to attack you, it's your opinion but these are not facts.
[/CITATION]

Thanks, but I already have enough interesting ideas:

@KillerButts:
"I have shot hundreds of them in controlled conditions and have been witness to a restablishment of biodiversity"

hip hip hip hurray , let's all go to the woods with a machine gun and we will save the planet!

@KillerButts:
"European sparrows ... killed all the various songbirds within said areas, I guess it would be a European sparrow"

A single bite from a sparrow can seriously injure a bird , but , there is compelling evidence from survivors of the attacks, suggesting that the sparrows simply investigated what they considered to be foreign objects.

@KillerButts:
"You must know your enemy"

So please everyone, if you come across a sparrow:
1- don't panic
2-Maintain eye contact
3-Stay big
4-Don't play dead , it's not a bear, it's a sparrow!
5-Slowly back off

I have a dozen sparrows in my garden and by miracle , they live in perfect harmony with all the other birds, these are not the dangerous bird killers that you describe.

Anyway, I will never need any legal instructions to replace my own opinion on what a respectful attitude towards nature is.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
[QUOTE = "KillerButts, message: 764762, membre: 27851"]
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://nestwatch.org/learn/all-about-birdhouses/managing-house-sparrows-and-european-starlings/ [/ URL]

If you manage to read this and you still don't understand, I don't need to attack you, it's your opinion but these are not facts.
[/CITATION]

Thanks, but I already have enough interesting ideas:

@KillerButts:
"I have shot hundreds of them in controlled conditions and have been witness to a restablishment of biodiversity"

hip hip hip hurray , let's all go to the woods with a machine gun and we will save the planet!

@KillerButts:
"European sparrows ... killed all the various songbirds within said areas, I guess it would be a European sparrow"

A single bite from a sparrow can seriously injure a bird , but , there is compelling evidence from survivors of the attacks, suggesting that the sparrows simply investigated what they considered to be foreign objects.

@KillerButts:
"You must know your enemy"

So please everyone, if you come across a sparrow:
1- don't panic
2-Maintain eye contact
3-Stay big
4-Don't play dead , it's not a bear, it's a sparrow!
5-Slowly back off

I have a dozen sparrows in my garden and by miracle , they live in perfect harmony with all the other birds, these are not the dangerous bird killers that you describe.

Anyway, I will never need any legal instructions to replace my own opinion on what a respectful attitude towards nature is.
You live in France...they are supposed to be there... E62756E0-AB68-4D63-BA68-BCAE78DE1E3D.jpeg

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
You live in France...they are supposed to be there... View attachment 316357

Internet is a great space of freedom in which everyone can express and even proudly exhibits squirrels or sparrows with the bloody skull .

This is not a problem of nationality , because stupidity is almost equitably distributed on this earth .

But , if we were to remove the most dangerous species for this planet , humans ( no matter which country they come from ) , would most likely be at the top of the list far ahead of the sparrows .

No need to raise your flag because we are just talking and anyway , i will always be a frenchman who loves the United States.

LemonBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

LemonBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The toothpicks seemed to piss them off as they knocked over the pots. So I went full lockdown on the seedlings. Took a couple hours but now I dont have to worry about them.20200717_073614.jpg
And we will have to see if these rocks keep the birds from being curious about the soil.
20200717_073607.jpg
After all your suggestions tho if this doesnt work, it seems I will need to buy a little green house or something.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
@LemonBonsai if you decide to go that rout and no one here PM’s you a good company, call these guys and ask them for a good choice in Canada. It’s a fairly small community and they are likely to give you an excellent reference. Sorry you are under siege.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
You can get a plastic bird of prey on a stick and move it around.
Also, one of those silver reflective birthday balloons shredded into long tassels on the top of a long stake woris. The reflectiveness and movement with the breeze helps. A shredded plastic grocery bag will work too.

“Predator-on-a-stick” works well.. we have “coyotes” during the fall through spring on the beaches..,

-

Convince a feral cat to have kittens nearby..that’ll work. :) In my “area/dystopian waste-land” the grumpy old squirrel keeps a decent “bird radius”.. haha... “balance”

Maaaaybe an abnormally creepy “scarecrow”?

49630128-408F-4F67-9BAE-4D6E2808A3A9.jpeg

LemonBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@LemonBonsai if you decide to go that rout and no one here PM’s you a good company, call these guys and ask them for a good choice in Canada. It’s a fairly small community and they are likely to give you an excellent reference. Sorry you are under siege.

Thanks! Ill make sure to check them out :)

Top Bottom