Keeping trees inside?

Julio-Rufo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hi all,

The big terrace where I have my bonsai collection (around 20 ish trees) is being refurbish and painted and that will take around 3-4 full days.

I will have to bring my trees inside home during these 4 days and was concerned about that affecting the health of them. They will probably have to stay somehow in the living room. Could that impair the health of the trees? We are in late summer here in Switzerland. My collection is mainly conifers (pines, spruces, larch, juniper, Hinoki, metasequoia) and some broadleaf (maple, elm, ash, rosa, etc). Any recommendation?

Thanks a lot
Best regards,
Julio

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you use an air conditioner I would turn it off and open the windows. Though I suspect from your location that you might not be using an ac.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sometimes I buy a tree online and it spends a week in transit, in a box with no light at all, and they arrive fine. You could even keep them by a sunny window if you can

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sometimes I buy a tree online and it spends a week in transit, in a box with no light at all, and they arrive fine. You could even keep them by a sunny window if you can
Uh, nope. You can pack a dog in a crate and mail him to another country. He will do fine for a day or even two, but at some point, he won't...Pines indoors become dead pines indoors in about a week, maybe more, as do maples and eventually elms.

Top Bottom