Kelp/other bio stimulants

Bezalel Nebari

Sapling
Reaction score
I l
Cool.These Zelkova were all grown in a 10x20 tray...about 22 seedlings...though it is better to perhaps spread them out a bit...maybe 10 per flat,so all the leaves can photosynthesis.Then I just used paper towel roll cardboard and cut to about 1.5” long and open it up to fir around the seedlings... did a couple a day and they root in about 10 days...but better to leave almost two weeks for large root systems...once rooting is begin can feed stimulants and whatever while still attached....roots get very vigorous that way.do a 50/50 grade 2 perlit and shredded orchid spahgnum. So they do not dry.
I love it. They look so cool with the roots growing out of the cardboard like that. Thanks for sharing

Bezalel Nebari

Sapling
Reaction score
I believe the foliar and drenches are having effect on the seedling cuttings too.
Are you doing foliar and root drenches simultaneously?

Secondly, it looks like Harley Smith says that it's 5:2 humic acids / kelp was the combination that led to better results. I don't see him mentioning fulvic / kelp. Do you have a link to the actual study they did?

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Are you doing foliar and root drenches simultaneously?

Secondly, it looks like Harley Smith says that it's 5:2 humic acids / kelp was the combination that led to better results. I don't see him mentioning fulvic / kelp. Do you have a link to the actual study they did?
Roots get humic as it buffers ph better and has fractions of both humic and fulvic.
Fulvic is low molecular weight and passes through cell membranes incredibly easy in as little as four hours and is superb for foliar sprays as it is a carrier of ions or nutrients of you foliar spray into the leaf cells.
He just always mentions the 5:2 study that virginia tech did.Sais it makes plants produce a very powerful protection agent calleed ADP? I think.
Can also use fulvic for roots to make nutrients available.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
ADP = adenosine di-phosphate
ADP + energy from burning sugar + phosphate ion = Adenosine Triphosphate = ATP

ATP then can be transported to various locations in the cell, and when energy is needed, can be broken down back to ADP & a phosphate ion + an electron to power other chemical reactions.

Unless of course I got the context wrong and ADP is an abbreviation for something else entirely.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

ATP then can be transported to various locations in the cell, and when energy is needed, can be broken down back to ADP & a phosphate ion + an electron to power other chemical reactions.

Unless of course I got the context wrong and ADP is an abbreviation for something else entirely.
Very helpful.Thanks!
Nope,right context! Extremely powerful protection agent for plants I was taught.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
npk nutrients in bulk

I am happy mixing soluble powders and custom blends are better for me.
NPK is this companies parent conpany.
I save thousands over the course of 5 years!!

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

It’s funny.I finally realized it was SOD I was referring to.....Super Oxide Dismutase.A very potent plant anti-biotic type enzyme? That is made in 50% more quantity when using the 5:2 ratio humic acid/kelp nutrient solution...according to a 10 year study at Virginia Tech.I use it with every watering.
And once a week in the foliar...of course I always talk about it.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
5:2 fulvic/kelp on outdoor pines.

First JBP I actually have brought outside into the sunlight and applied my horticulteral practices on.
Bio-stimulant regime of amino acids,also in particular extra quantities of LGlycine & L Glutamate amino acids which have been proven to increase calcium uptake by 1000’s of times.
Humic & fulvic acids along with the kelp in a 5:2 ratio(proven by Virginia Tech to produce 50% more Super Oxide Dismutase(SOD).A powerful plant protection agent.
Occasional big doses of B Vitamins(literally put’s plants on high alert to rebound from any damage).

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Here is the JBP outside....5:2 fulvic/kelp foliar

Curious how this goes with the foliar fulvic/kelp.
Young candles/shoots are particularly soft green for quite a bit.I am certain the fulvic acid will transport the kelp into the cells very quickly like on the leaves.
This is first time I have used the foliar on proper elongating shoots of Pine,as I do not really get shoots in the veg cycle indoors.This seedling cutting was brought outdoors a week ago and shoots are now elongating.
So yes,it will absorb into the green shoot and perhaps have an effect on bottom growth or extra budding sites on the needles? Hope so...seems a win win really!
Just did a foliar this evening!! In the last photo.
71E04929-2D4D-4AED-87C1-102FC211A213.jpegF3394E61-47EF-4F83-809A-407E892FAD96.jpeg2CB159D3-26CE-4163-9608-D6B8D1BEADCB.jpeg

Last edited:

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
ACTUALLY IF INTERESTED IN THE 5:2 ratio fulvic/kelp foliar application to this pine just see this thread below as It makes more sense to update there✌️

Top Bottom