Kennett Collection Reduction sale

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
kennet collection is offering up close 400 trees for sale march 17 10am I'm going from Raleigh either day early or leave middle night drive right their. Was wondering if anyone else wanted to go. Amazing stuff for sale from a few thousand up to 15k. Drawing for who goes in first but plenty of good stuff from inventory sheet I saw. Pm me if you might be interested.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I spent some time looking over the list... WOW. Even the lower priced stuff has some pretty impressive specimens! Some of the Azaleas being offered were in the $60-150 range and were absolutely gorgeous!

I can't imagine how they can sell them so cheap!

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
Yes I've got my eye on a few of imported ones in the middle range around 3,000 but the prices are crazy cheap for the quality from pictures I saw. Some amazing deals. Sale goes all weekend but Friday morning will be a little insane I'm sure.

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
I was thinking about it but Delaware? Wow that seems a long haul.

I guess but you don't get trees like this often. I'm thinking renting a van and just car pool a few people who want go. Leaving room for trees of course.

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The photos are very grainy, although trees look top notch, wish there were better detailed info on species or cultivar.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If bonsai and pre-bonsai were priced this way in the States all the time, imagine how much nicer all of our benches would look. Grandma in Delaware might have a March visitor...

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It's 2 hours for me. I WILL be there.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Some really nice trees there and very reasonably priced for the few I looked at. I'd be all over this if I were close.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This is exactly the type of thing that could change the face of bonsai in America. If there were more of these types of sales, imagine how it would elevate our capacity to move forward. Even folks who don't think it's bonsai unless they planted the seed may have a change of heart should they be availed of these types of opportunities.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Two hours from DC? Hmm…

Maybe a little more with DC/Baltimore traffic on a Friday. Even still, not a bad trip to see world class trees. Even if I don't buy anything I think it'll be worth the trip.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maybe a little more with DC/Baltimore traffic on a Friday. Even still, not a bad trip to see world class trees. Even if I don't buy anything I think it'll be worth the trip.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

terry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
kennet collection is offering up close 400 trees for sale march 17 10am I'm going from Raleigh either day early or leave middle night drive right their. Was wondering if anyone else wanted to go. Amazing stuff for sale from a few thousand up to 15k. Drawing for who goes in first but plenty of good stuff from inventory sheet I saw. Pm me if you might be interested.

Do you have a link to the sale inventory?

Terry

Top Bottom