Kenwith Cyprian Cedar

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm addicted to cedars and lucky enough to be in the proper sort of environment for them. I have few of these little guys available and healthy at my local nursery. I see very little about them as bonsai anywhere is this because like most cedar they are difficult or like the green prince Lebanon, rare to come across (but also difficult)? I'm considering buying 2 or more and doing a forest. They have cool although pretty straight branching that even sitting next to each other in pots look like a forest. I don't have any pics right now though. Worth a consideration? They look a bit like this but less full in the bottom center.
1598491761294.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm weak I bought 2 of them for now they were a bit expensive. I'll probably buy a 3rd for a forest unless I get some inspiration.
20200827_171611.jpg
20200827_171637.jpg

YAN

Yamadori
Reaction score
Nice, How much did you pay for each?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice, How much did you pay for each?
They were $40 a piece so not too bad. However these guys have the densest buds I've ever seen so I have no idea how I'm going to wire these guys. The density and scale of needles is part of what had me thinking it would make good forest candidates.

Reactions: YAN

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I say again: you need to start with smaller trees that grow into each other in logical patterns over time. These will have root systems that you are going to have to butcher to move them close enough together to look like they grew that way from day one. You can't make a baby in month by getting nine women pregnant.

Reactions: YAN
Top Bottom