Kifu Bonsai experiences

Reaction score
USDA Zone
What's the price range, what is the quality of the trees compared to the price and what are your experiences with them?

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
That’s like asking how expensive should a small car be. Size has relatively little to do with pricing. Compare a Ferrari to a Fierro. A great Shohin JBP could be $5k, and a crappy 48” tall one could be $150.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Take a look around here...Bob Mahler is pretty darn good.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Take a look around here...Bob Mahler is pretty darn good.

Oh, so it’s a nursery! I still think I’d pay $150 to beat up on a Fierro for a couple hours.😜

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh, so it’s a nursery! I still think I’d pay $150 to beat up on a Fierro for a couple hours.😜
It's "Fiero" Adding another "r" doesn't change it from a 1980's piece of crap into an Italian sports car.😁 Even if you have the rare "four door" version. A piece of crap with four doors is still a piece of crap.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My dad's best friend as I was growing up drove a Fiero. He was awesome. Had a different girlfriend every few months, always wore smoked out glasses, played texas blues, and only had red and black colored furniture throughout his apartment. I think he may have been the corporate 80's personified.

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Just saw this thread, thought I’d add that I’ve had good experiences here. Cheap bonsai pots priced cheaply. And a lot of imported material. He seems to specialize in ume, at least this spring he has hundreds of ume trunks for sale. Some of them show quality starts, others respectable at least. I bought a neagari style Chinese elm for $210 and feel like I definitely got my money’s worth.

Carkybones

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Anyone know if he ships? Doesn’t look like there are any trees available on the site

Top Bottom