Kiln opening 3

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
These last two are of the pots I commissioned last spring from Ron at the Potomac Bonsai Show. I only comissioned one, but Ron builds backup pots in case one doesn't come out right. In this case, both came out wonderfully. I bought both :D They were made with Japanese maple forests in mind

Attachments

• mypot1.jpg
    mypot1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 86
  • mypot2.jpg
    mypot2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 84

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
rockm,
Thanks for sharing! This guy makes some really nice pots. I like his glazed pots, especially the seceond pic here, but his unglazed pots are some of the nicest I've ever seen. I'll definitely have to check him out next time I'm up that way.

pjkatich

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Rock, was this your first kiln opening?

It feels just like Christmas time when the door first opens doesn't it.

Ron Lang is a great potter. Not only is he talented, I have found him to be a very thoughtful and generous individual.

I think the pots he made for you will work great for a forest of maples.

Cheers,
Paul

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah, first timer on the kiln opening...I kept drooling over what it coughed up. There were more than a couple of pots I'd wished I could have taken home besides the two I got. I also saw that all the REALLY good pots are bought before they make it to the vendor table at shows.:D

Ron is a talented guy. I've been buying his pots for years now, but had never taken the time to get up to PA and see his workplace.

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pots Rock, I've seen he website previously and his work is amazing.

Top Bottom