Kind of a silly question...

faker

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Can I bring copper wire on a plane? I'm headed home for thanksgiving and planting some cuttings from Brent at my parent's house. I want to wire up the shimpaku while I'm there, but I'm not checking my bags.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Depends on who the checkers are.
Coils of wire in a bag will probably send up some red flags.
It could be a problem. I wouldnt be surprised if they search your bag.
I would bring along a bag that you can check in case they insist that it gets checked.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just drop the wire in the mail to your destination. Coiled wire, copper, could likely be a problem. Save the hassle. USPS it.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Better to ship than possibly losing to TSA:rolleyes:. Had shave cream confiscated once:mad:!

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
I think tools will be a bigger problem then some wire,
They may check your luggage but they wont take it away, and if so you will have to go back to the check in counter and have it checked in, they normally have carton boxes you get for these cases, i have had multiple times this problem having forgotten a screwdriver or cutter knife and so on in my bag

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can I bring copper wire on a plane? I'm headed home for thanksgiving and planting some cuttings from Brent at my parent's house. I want to wire up the shimpaku while I'm there, but I'm not checking my bags.
Just curious. Why do you want to use copper instead of aluminum wire for shimpaku cutting? The reason I ask is that copper is much more expensive than aluminum, so I don't use it for the young trees. But if I had free or low cost copper wire, I would use it.
Bonhe

faker

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Just curious. Why do you want to use copper instead of aluminum wire for shimpaku cutting? The reason I ask is that copper is much more expensive than aluminum, so I don't use it for the young trees. But if I had free or low cost copper wire, I would use it.
Bonhe

I have copper wire laying around, and I was sticking to the tried and true copper for conifers rule

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Hey please let us know what you did and how things turned out. And no matter what happens you will be with family and nothing is more important than that.

Top Bottom