Kinky procumbens.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
No, not S&M. 😁 A branch has a kink. This was a nursery staked mound when I got it 25 years ago or so. Looked like the Matterhorn. A "juniper stack"

My concern is that branch that came with it and still is....KINKED.

I have a photo of the direction of the kink as well as the crappy yellow foliage it grows. The other foliage (even on the kinked branch but not all the way to the end) is fairly green.

I'm ...........considering.... either jinning the whole branch or shortening it or doing nothing and seeing how long it would take for all foliage on that branch to quit.
There are a couple close branches that grow green but they are pretty skinny devils. If I jin or remove ole kinky, they would take a long time to get anywhere near the size of "him."

kink.jpg

yellow.jpg

yellow side.jpg

front.jpg

green side.jpg

You'll notice the kinked branch has meager green foliage on the VERY END!!! I think just to keep me uncertain what to do.

Any ideas welcome.
:)

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I’m not sure this branch helps improve your design.
Unless you think it or part of will help advance the design, you ought to remove the parts that don’t.
cheers
DSD SENDS

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Dear Mister Corazzi.
Please forgive me, 'couldn 't resist to do a quick virt ...
How about this? Have you ever considered a kind of Literati-style for this tree? ...
'Hope you like ...

View attachment 372484

Yes. YES I HAVE, DAMMIT !!! 🥺

Now, I need LOTS AND LOTS of courage.
Oh me oh my......

Literatis are an aim of mine. Now all I need is talent and more jinning fluid.

Aaaaarrrrrghhhhh !

And you are totally forgiven. ........Kinda.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Was actually INTERESTING nursery tree for once. Looked much like natural OLD juniper. If possible personally use any odd branch to make composition. Perhaps not too late to redeem free of drug.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Was actually INTERESTING nursery tree for once. Looked much like natural OLD juniper. If possible personally use any odd branch to make composition. Perhaps not too late to redeem free of drug.

Having trouble with translation here, boss. Of course it's early, too. ;)

Top Bottom