kokufu-ten 2011

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Anybody when the show will be next year?

I have to request vacation a year in advance and I am hoping to go to Japan and visit Kokufu at the same time. Anybody when it will be?

Are organized trips worth it?

Manny

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Anybody when the show will be next year?

I have to request vacation a year in advance and I am hoping to go to Japan and visit Kokufu at the same time. Anybody when it will be?

Are organized trips worth it?

Manny

Contact Bill Valavanis... I don't know if he goes every year... but I know he takes groups. And from what I hear it's a wonderful way to go about it, because he has so many connections over there you get to visit a lot of the best gardens.

But its the Green Club you want to go to... :D I've seen photos only, but I can't imagine all of that bonsai - pots - stands - slabs - etc in a multi-story building for sale... makes me shiver just thinking about it. lol

V

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
The 2011 Kokufu Bonsai Ten will be held on February 13-20 at the new temporary location in Asakusa, near Ueno.

I will be leading a tour to that exhibition and to see other interesting bonsai sites as well.

Bill

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
darnit! I already picked the first two weeks of February based on all the previous kokufu-ten. I'll have to call to change that.

Where can I find info on the tours you might be organizing?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The 2011 Kokufu Bonsai Ten will be held on February 13-20 at the new temporary location in Asakusa, near Ueno.

I will be leading a tour to that exhibition and to see other interesting bonsai sites as well.

Bill

So if it's in a new place... is it still close to the Green Club so folks can go to the sale?? :confused:

Victrinia

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
So if it's in a new place... is it still close to the Green Club so folks can go to the sale?? :confused:

Victrinia

[In 2011 and 2012 the show will be moving to the Tokyo Metropolitan Industrial Trade Center, located near the Asakusa Kannon Temple in Asakusa less than a mile to the east of Ueno while the museum is remodeled/rebuilt.]

Jow

Seedling
Reaction score
Does anyone know when and where the Safukuten show is being held? I heard early Janurary, but have not heard of a venue as yet???

Top Bottom