Korean Boxwood Windswept form attempt

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's pretty tough to see this tree for the pictures. If I may offer some advice:
1. Take pictures from soil level. Show us across the soil rather than looking down on it. Bonsai are appreciated at eye level.
2. A simple background will really allow the viewer to appreciate the structure of a tree. An old sheet or just use a flash at night would help.
3. Windswept is a very tough image to pull off. When I think windswept I think of trees on a coast line. When I see boxwoods, I think oak trees in a field. Why is that poor oak tree hanging to the edge of a cliff by the windy ocean?

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Ditto. I'm not certain you have the right tree for a windswept. Those trunks seem to go off in opposite directions. A windswept tree ALL moves in one direction.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hmmmm I see valid points will try to get some better pictures....I appreciate the input though!

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
A couple of windswepts:

Attachments

• 11-14 windswept 2.JPG
    11-14 windswept 2.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 18
  • 10-13 bloom 2.JPG
    10-13 bloom 2.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 16

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hey Bunjae, when you post those new pics, can you please post them on the site? Some folks (me included) don't like going off site to see them. If you post them here you'll likely get more responses.

Top Bottom