Korean hornbeam literati

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Let it grow for a while and gather some energy. Maybe even extra foliage that will be cut off in the future. There's not enough foliage here to allow the tree to get really vigorous.

makarovnik

Mame
Reaction score
Let it grow for a while and gather some energy. Maybe even extra foliage that will be cut off in the future. There's not enough foliage here to allow the tree to get really vigorous.
Thanks.
That is the plan. I am only doing a clip and grow with this so that will help me a lot.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice tree you've got going there.

Nice choice to try a literati early in your career.

Nice choice of material, both the species and this particular tree's trunk movement.

Nice choice to only use clip-and-grow.

Nice choices so far on what to keep and what to cut.

Great tree!

I also admire your efforts to grow a Fukien Tea tree ... I've never known anyone in America to keep one alive for very long, myself included, so don't feel bad about losing that one. :)

makarovnik

Mame
Reaction score
Very nice tree you've got going there.

Nice choice to try a literati early in your career.

Nice choice of material, both the species and this particular tree's trunk movement.

Nice choice to only use clip-and-grow.

Nice choices so far on what to keep and what to cut.

Great tree!

I also admire your efforts to grow a Fukien Tea tree ... I've never known anyone in America to keep one alive for very long, myself included, so don't feel bad about losing that one. :)
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the feedback. I tried a fukien tea again and same result. So I'm done with them.

Top Bottom