Korean Hornbeam Ugmo....

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ugly Mofo..heheheee....thought I would get it into a deeper pot as I couldn't get the foliage to last until fall...
Not a great pairing, but I like the pot, and, so help me....I like the tree. Even put some moss in there...:eek:
Don't really have any photos..it's always looked a little off.....
Like I said, it's ugly..but for some reason, the base reminds me of Ann Margret...
DSC00397.JPG

DSC01015.JPG

DSC01016.JPG

See what I mean.....;)
elvis-viva-las-vegas-gif.gif
:p

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
fugly in a good way.

Unsolisited design advice - once rooted in and growing, maybe next year, consider removing the big, overly heavy left branch. Make your tree out of the right branch. Doing so will leave you with more dramatic taper, and a smaller tree. Just a thought.

I do like it, and the trunk does have feminine appeal.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The removal of the left trunk is only half a solution for this tree. The inverse taper isn't going to go away and removing that left trunk could make it worse as callus tissue fills in.

Might be worth ground layering the top off at the swelling and using that as the new nebari...just a suggestion though. That's not an easy solution.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'd leave it be, looks ok and would require extensive work and a LOT of time to make cookie cutter. It is nice as is IMHO - enjoy it! What the hell is that little guy doing? Looks like he is eating an ice-cream cone :p

Grimmy

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I looked at this one when it was first posted and wasn't sure what to say. Now that I'm looking at it again, and taking into consideration the previous two comments...I'm thinking that layering one or both of those trunks above the split would be something I'd consider. If you layer both, you potentially get two smaller trees with decent bases and taper, then you stick the stump in the garden and let it do it's thing. If you layer one (left one, probably) maybe you carve the remaining stump like we've seen on some of the European trees, rather than trying to heal it over.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see, and I know who to ask for animated GIFs when I need them :D

Lance is personally responsible for at least 20% of my phone's battery loss a day.

The French virt is lovely!
Even if it dies taking it there.....it would be worth it to me.

I thought about layering that clump, but besides the obvious futility in getting Lance to Layer something that needs layering.....
That left trunk is DONE....IMO.

I think Leo Ali-ooped it to Alain for the dunk.

But now we get to sit back and watch Lance.....with his great pots.....and great material.......NOT make the best of them, while he Net Bonsai Wanks with the God Damn ass shaking GIFS!

I'm going to Milwaukee to get Brian, and we are coming over.

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the comments and suggestions, everyone!
I'll have to get my skills up to everyone else's level. And @sorce delusions too....:p
I enjoy the leaves on these in spring......I prescribe to @GrimLore's idea....enjoy it!!!:cool:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lance.....

Can you not layer because it is not aestheically pleasing enough for the land lady?

I'm bout to go into that situation....

We Will deal with it together!

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nomad John's hornbeam and mine. Ann Margeret gets a lot more sun, seems the leaves are smaller comparatively.
Got a burly trunk on his, though....

DSC01202.JPG DSC01203.JPG DSC01204.JPG DSC01205.JPG

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey, ol' Ann Margret grew some earings....matched the Leinie's from the adult "egg crawl" after we locked the kids in a room to "work off" the chocolate.....I refused to make a spectacle of myself, so I ended up with a six pack of this.....odd how some gals get "pushy" when there be a "freebee" to be had !?!?;):eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Not a show piece, viewer beware!!!o_O:rolleyes::D:D:D
DSC01786.JPG DSC01787.JPG DSC01788.JPG

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
looks like you'll get some fall color on this guy this year, good healthy head of hair!

Top Bottom