Korean Hornbeam Zone?

Q-Bonsai

Mame
Reaction score
Online resources have conflicting information, some say zone 7 others say 9. I am in Houston where people say tridents won't do well but they seem just fine down here. Will Korean Hornbeams do well in Houston? Summers are long, hot (generally mid 90's to low 100's for a couple of months), and pretty humid. I don't see anyone that has one but that's not really an indicator of its success in my opinion.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have a couple here is Austin (zone 8b)...so far they are doing okay. Not the best looking foliage after summer but growth are really good. Mine are in full sun exposure too (not by choice). Just make sure the pot don't dry out...they seem to hate that. ;)

Last edited:

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
Im in 10a-10b and mine do great in filtered sun in the same temps as you say you experience. They are an understory trees like Japanese Maples so they need some protection from direct sun

Last edited:

Q-Bonsai

Mame
Reaction score
Im in 10a-10b and mine do great in filtered sun in the same temps as you say you experience. They are an understory trees like Japanese Maples so they need some protection from direct sun

Hmm... Follow-up question, as I've noticed with Tridents, the younger ones that are more vigorous don't burn as easily as the old ones. Is this true with the Korean Hornbeams as well?

Top Bottom