korean maple,anybody??

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
High all,last spring i purchased a few jap maples to start a group planting,a few did not work into the composition so they were put into the ground,anyway when the leaves opened in spring i found out one of those maples was not a jap maple,i thought at first it was a cultivator,sort of looked like a full moon maple,now approaching my second spring with the tree i have finally figured out what type of tree this is from the nursery where it was purchased from.Apparently its a korean maple,i was told they are sought after for bonsai and will make a wonderful tree,i no nothing about this species except that it is a rapid grower,anyone have any experience or information they could share regarding this species of maple??

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have never seen a Korean maple bonsai. I have two in my yard as landscape trees and they are great trees, but the branching is rather coarse and the internodes are long. Good luck.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought one off of e-bay this spring. It has not yet blossomed. I've never seen a Korean maple before, so I'm looking forward to seeing it in leaf.

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thats what ive noticed,she is telling me to prune hard and i should see closer internodes,and i know all about the thicker branching,im just gonna let it grow,it will probalbly end up a yard tree.

Top Bottom