Koto Hime Maple Progression

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
you're just 1/2 a zone above me and your spring new growth colors are amazing. Can it be the lack of sun on mine, since I always had them under the shade of the bigger trees and now receives very little sun in the patio I have it
yeah, maybe that's just how they look under your current daily light integral. i checked the camera and mine get full sun from about 8am to 3pm, then shaded by a big tree till sunset.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The metal grill you use is cattle fencing? If not, what is it? I need something slightly sturdy that can pass light through to build a temporary setup here at the apartment. I am running out of floor space and was considering some cement blocks and 2x8 planks, but your setup looks 10 times better than what a plank of wood would and would allow me to place trees underneath it without blocking too much light.

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The metal grill you use is cattle fencing? If not, what is it? I need something slightly sturdy that can pass light through to build a temporary setup here at the apartment. I am running out of floor space and was considering some cement blocks and 2x8 planks, but your setup looks 10 times better than what a plank of wood would and would allow me to place trees underneath it without blocking too much light.
it's just all different kinds of safety fencing. we just put up some Uline wire panels last weekend at work. when they get too messed up or decommissioned, i take them and cut out pieces, etc. they come painted, powder coated, and plastic dipped. should give you a better idea of what to search for.

20240423_081525.jpg
20240423_090022.jpg

these wire shelves you find at Walmart are nice too. 90 beans for a 7 footer i think it is. the poles screw together so you can make two short shelves or one tall one. i plan on getting quite a few more of them.
5-Shelf-Black-Wire-Shelving-Unit-18-x-72-x-63-in_c76a2a86-4d70-4bcb-a8fe-c0e2cb58d972.f8d6c26...jpeg

Last edited:

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
these wire shelves you find at Walmart are nice too. 90 beans for a 7 footer i think it is. the poles screw together so you can make two short shelves or one tall one. i plan on getting quite a few more of them.
I am using one of those outside, and one for my tropicals. I I may go that route if I can't find some Uline at a decent price. I am limited to 18" deep and need to cover 12'.

closet.JPG

Top Bottom