Kusamono - Accent Plantings

BigC

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-9
First Attempt - Kusamono. consisting of Sisyrinchium "Biscutella" with local moss and an unknown invader to my bonsai pots possibly Oxalis corniculata var. Put together in a Paul Rogers Ceramics crackled "Mame" pot. I simply can't wait for it to establish given the projected flowering image. Gotta love Sisyrinchium and Rhodohypoxis for these little accents

Mame Biscutella.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Groovy!

I like that pot... looks much more red in the outdoor pictures.. warm scarlet/crimson (yeah.. that’s a contradiction.. technically ;) but I stand by “warm scarlet-crimson”!)

With the little guy, as has been stated.. he will soon become the main focus.. and a constant trim-job...

I have been experimenting with attempting to utilize spreading/invasives like this (like spurges, cinquefoils, varying “worts”.. ect) in nurse log/stonescape/kusamono plantings... I’ve attempted root isolation and limitation.. which KIND of keeps them in “check”.. but I am very early into the experiment..

Overall.. looking NICE!

Just (as was said before I even got here) be AWARE of the.. um.. habits of the Oxalis.

:)

BigC

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-9
Groovy!

I like that pot... looks much more red in the outdoor pictures.. warm scarlet/crimson (yeah.. that’s a contradiction.. technically ;) but I stand by “warm scarlet-crimson”!)

With the little guy, as has been stated.. he will soon become the main focus.. and a constant trim-job...

I have been experimenting with attempting to utilize spreading/invasives like this (like spurges, cinquefoils, varying “worts”.. ect) in nurse log/stonescape/kusamono plantings... I’ve attempted root isolation and limitation.. which KIND of keeps them in “check”.. but I am very early into the experiment..

Overall.. looking NICE!

Just (as was said before I even got here) be AWARE of the.. um.. habits of the Oxalis.

:)
Yeah, I'm aware of Oxalis. but as I said in my original post it is an invader to my bonsai pots (not totally certain of its true name) it spreads but remains small. I will keep it in check. Below you'll find another one of those Paul Rogers pots if be it a little larger. I love his work

14.jpg

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
We had oxalis next to a sidewalk. Somehow a baby cottontail got into the yard and found the oxalis very tasty.
Yes, it is invasive.
So are rabbits. ;)
P1040804.JPG

Top Bottom