Kusamono in winter

takahama

Seedling
Reaction score
This is a photo taken at the end of October. All the other Kusamono were already in the safe greehouse but that one I displayed indoors and put it out for the night. I did not expect early snow. But it completes my photo serie '4 seasons with Kusamono'.

If you want to see more photos go to my website

http://www.kusamono.ch

Also I am living in Swizerland there are some pages only in English, others are German/English.
Go to the galleries: you will find photos of my collection and also one Japanese gallery featuring Fumiko Kato's Kusamono. From my point of view her Kusamono are the best what I have seen up to now. I hope the photos will give you kick to get into this field as well – it is worth doing so – but take your time, be patient, instant Kusamono is not possible.

Photo 1 shows:
Saxifraga fortunei 'Rokujo', a Saxifraga from Japan, Pot made by
Horst Heinzlreiter

Bild 2 shows:
Persicaria capitata, Pot made by Takahama

greetings from Switzerland

Takahama

Attachments

• 2008 Snowkusa2_600.jpg
    2008 Snowkusa2_600.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Snowkusa600.jpg
    Snowkusa600.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 62

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thank you for sharing! I have been to your site before and really enjoy it. Sometimes I am so busy with the "work" of bonsai that I forget the subtle beauty I am trying to create. Your plants and arrangements help remind me :)

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
That is wonderful!! THanks for sharing. Just this past year I have really found myself interested in accent plants. I now have about 20 really cool and interesting plants and grass'.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is wonderful!! THanks for sharing. Just this past year I have really found myself interested in accent plants. I now have about 20 really cool and interesting plants and grass'.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

Jason how far are you from Gary Wood? He makes some incredable pots for Kusamono.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Jason how far are you from Gary Wood? He makes some incredable pots for Kusamono.

Hi Al,

I know Gary spends a few months every year just outside of Salem Oregon at Telperion Farms. I normally see him once or twice a year if we run into eachother. I have seen his pots and they are very cool. I like Gary, he is a nice guy. I actually have a Gary Woods scoop pot.

Thanks, Jason

Top Bottom