Lacebark Pine - Pinus bungeana

GermanBonsaiDude

Seedling
Reaction score
Hey Guys, im new here and im really happy i found this Conversation. I hope it is still going ..:D
I wanted to get myself a Lacebark Pine and all your posts will be really helpful to me i think:) But i got a Question.. Has anyone of you made experience with making cuttings of this Tree and would be so kind to share it with me?
Thank you in advance

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Hey Guys, im new here and im really happy i found this Conversation. I hope it is still going ..:D
I wanted to get myself a Lacebark Pine and all your posts will be really helpful to me i think:) But i got a Question.. Has anyone of you made experience with making cuttings of this Tree and would be so kind to share it with me?
Thank you in advance

Welcome to the BNut forum.

Generally pines, such as Pinus bungeana, lacebark pine, are propagated from seed, or from grafting select scions onto pine understock. Pines do not root from cuttings at a rate reliable enough for commercial production. Seeds are available from companies like Sheffield's seed. You may be able to find seedlings for sale at any of the many on line plant companies, such as Forest Farm. If you edit your profile to include your city, or country, you would get more answers specific to your location.

jszg

Mame
Reaction score
Any updates on your lacebark pines? Meehan's Miniatures said they intend to put some on sale for the spring.

jszg

Mame
Reaction score
IMG_20240313_124717427_HDR.jpg

Thought this might be of interest: a quick pic of epicormic growth from a Pinus bungeana near my work.
In terms of growth habit, it strikes me as rather loose and sparse, without the very fine textured needles of strobus or strobiformis, but like strobus unwilling to drop shaded growth, while apparently having no issue with back budding.

Top Bottom