Lance's JWP

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
With a bit of wire, see if you can tame that apex. JWP are supposed to have more rounded apexes.

Spruce have pointed apexes.

JBP can have more pointed apexes than JWP, since they're more vigorous growers, but even they should be rounded on top.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lance, PLEASE decandle that JBP on the left!

And do something about that top tuft on the JWP.

Next time you repot the JWP, move it more to the center of the pot. It can be off center, but "just" off center. The reason is you will get a weak root system on one side when it's potted way off center.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Going to, soon, if I do it too soon, come October, the needles might be just as long.;)
These JBP seem to like the relatively mild fall here, and grow nicely into November....root wise.

JWP as purchased. Re pot next spring. Bareroot import two years ago, gave a little extra recovery time before I give it a go!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::D:D:D:D:D:D

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Going to, soon, if I do it too soon, come October, the needles might be just as long.;)
These JBP seem to like the relatively mild fall here, and grow nicely into November....root wise.

JWP as purchased. Re pot next spring. Bareroot import two years ago, gave a little extra recovery time before I give it a go!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::D:D:D:D:D:D
I am curious if the jbp has already set buds for next year? Sorry for going off topic, but would love to hear where it is at. I wasn't sure if people decandle after bud set.
The jwp looks great, I love the pines!

Top Bottom